We have the great pleasure to invite you to apply to the 2023 ESCEO-Islene Araujo de Carvalho Grant. This Grant, of a value of 2.500 Euros, will support a scientific project:
- Conducted in a global public health perspective
- In the field of musculoskeletal health and aging
It has been named after Doctor Islene Araujo de Carvalho, former Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent Health and Ageing, at WHO, who passed away much too early, and leaving all of us in great sadness.
- The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of the submission
- The applicant should have submitted at least one abstract to the WCO 2023 (first or associated author)
- The applicant should be physically present in Barcelona to receive the Award
- The project should reach the ESCEO Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 20, 2023
- The application should be limited to the presentation of the research proposal in two A4 pages and to a one-page summary of the CV of the applicant. Applications should be in English
- A copy of the abstract submitted by the applicant (first or associated author) to the WCO 2023 should be included
The Jury will include
- Doctor Anshu Banerjee (Director, Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health & Ageing, World Health Organization)
- Doctor Jotheeswaran Amuthavalli Thiyagarajan (Technical Officer (Epidemiologist), Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent Health and Ageing, World Health Organization)
- Professor Jean-Yves Reginster (ESCEO President)
- Professor Cyrus Cooper (ESCEO Vice-President)
- Professor René Rizzoli (Chairman of the ESCEO Scientific Advisory Board)
- Professor Olivier Bruyère (ESCEO Chief Executive Officer)
- Professor Etienne Cavalier (ESCEO General Secretary).
The recipient of the 2023 ESCEO-Islene Araujo de Carvalho Grant will be announced by March 10, 2023, and the recipient will be presented with a Medal during the Opening Ceremony of the 2023 World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases that will take place in Barcelona on Thursday May 4 2023 (https://www.wco-iof-esceo.org/).
Disclaimer: This Grant is an initiative which is solely undertaken by the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases, an association registered as a not-for-profit (association sans but lucratif ASBL) association in Belgium. It does not involve, in any way, the World Health Organization, their regional offices or any of their employees.